Peer advisors are SHHS students who already have experienced some of what IU Indianapolis has to offer and want to share what they’ve learned with you. In addition to their experiences, peer advisors are trained to understand the ins-and-outs of SHHS and our programs. They are available to help answer questions and provide a student’s perspective.
What is a peer advisor?
How do you contact a peer advisor?
Email our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our office hours are 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and we are located in the PE/Natatorium Advising Suite in room 251.
Common questions to ask a peer advisor
- How do I add or drop a course?
- How do I know what courses I have left to finish my degree?
- How do I find general education course options and pick the best one for me?
- How do I register for courses?
- How do I schedule an advising meeting?
- What would it take to add a minor or certificate?
- And much more about advising, SHHS, and IU Indianapolis!
How do you become a peer advisor?
Peer advisor applications open the first week of the spring semester annually and remain open through the Friday of week four. Peer advisors start their training during the second half of the spring semester so that they are ready to help students as soon as the fall semester begins in August. Peer advisors need to have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA, be admitted to SHHS for at least one semester, have an understanding of the campus and SHHS, and have excellent communication skills.