To be eligible to apply for the Master of Health Sciences you need to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. We calculate cumulative GPA on courses with grades that are recorded on official university/college transcripts.
- You must have taken at least one undergraduate statistics or research methods course with a grade of B or better.
- You will submit three letters of recommendations from those familiar with your academic and professional experiences.
- You will provide a personal statement (300 to 500 words) of academic and professional goals and/or reasons for your interest in obtaining a position in the healthcare industry
- You will participate in an admission interview
Prior Course Work Applied Toward Degree Requirements
Upon the recommendation of the Health Sciences department chair and with the approval of the School of Health and Human Sciences Curriculum and Academic Policy Committee, up to 8 credit hours of graduate work may be transferred in partial fulfillment of degree requirements. No course may be transferred from another institution unless the course was completed with a grade of B or higher within five years before matriculation in the Master of Science degree program.
All application materials are due by March 15th for admission in the Fall Semester.