To be eligible to apply for the Ph.D. in Exercise Science you need to meet the following requirements:
- Completion of a post-baccalaureate degree in health and rehabilitation sciences or in a related healthcare discipline from an accredited institution, or completion of a baccalaureate degree with professional experience.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. We calculate cumulative GPA on courses with grades that are recorded on official university/college transcripts.
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with your academic and professional performance
- A personal statement (300 to 500 words) addressing the following:
- Preparation for research (examples include coursework in research, engagement in research projects or grants, and completion of a master’s degree thesis)
- Intended research focus
- Learning objectives
- Leadership potential
- Identified research mentor
- If applicable, a TOEFL score of
- Paper-based test: 500 or higher
- Computer-based test: 213 or higher
- Internet-based test: 79 or higher
- Admission interview
You must identify a graduate faculty member to perform your research with and your research must be congruent with that faculty member.