To be eligible to apply for the Master of Kinesiology you need to meet the following requirements:
- You should have a bachelor’s degree in physical education, exercise science, sports management, or a related area. If your bachelor’s degree is in an area unrelated to kinesiology, you can be considered for admission to the program if you complete additional undergraduate courses, including:
- BIOL N217: Human Physiology (5 credits) or equivalent (must have a laboratory)
- BIOL N261: Human Anatomy (5 credits) or equivalent (must have a laboratory)
- HPER P391: Biomechanics (3 credits) or one semester of college physics covering mechanics
- HPER P409: Basic Physiology of Exercise or equivalent
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- GRE scores are recommended as one component to strengthen the prospective student’s application.
- You will need three letters of recommendation that address your potential for academic success in a graduate program.
- You will submit a personal statement that addresses your professional experiences, personal goals, and career aspirations and how earning a master’s degree relates to each. This should be a one, double-spaced page and uploaded to the Indiana University Graduate CAS IUPUI application.
Application deadline: Rolling, with either spring or fall admission
International student information