To be eligible to apply for the Ph.D. in Exercise Science you need to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants may be admitted into the Ph.D. program with a Master's in Kinesiology or related field, or directly after completing undergraduate study in exercise science, kinesiology or related field. Conditional admittance is considered if a student is applying from a different professional background. Students in this position are encouraged to reach out to Zach Riley, Ph.D. to explore their options
- Applicants must maintain a GPA of at least 3.25/4.0 for the final 60 semester hours of undergraduate study, and 3.2/4.0 for all previous graduate work to be considered.
- GRE scores are recommended as one component to strengthen the prospective student’s application.
- Personal Statement.
- Additionally, all candidates must submit a sample of their own scientific writing from published or unpublished work.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Each individual applicant will be required to interview with a graduate faculty member involved in the admission process.
International student information
*You must identify a graduate faculty member to perform your research with and your research must be congruent with that faculty member.