Have questions about the Doctorate in Nutrition and Dietetics (DND) at Indiana University? Browse the FAQs below to find answers to some of our most common questions.
Get the answers you're looking for
DND Track 1 courses are hybrid.
- Sciences – 9 credit hours
- Statistics & Outcome Assessment – 13 credit hours
- Nutrition & Dietetics – 43 credit hours
- Education & Counseling -- 10 credit hours
- Supporting Courses – 15 credit hours
- Supervised Practice – 18 credit hours (1288 clock hours)
Yes, upon completion of supervised practice (Year 3), you will be able to sit for the RD exam.
A handbook is not currently available, but if admitted into the program, all students will be given one at the start of the program.
No, this is not a Ph.D. program.
The DND is a three-year, full-time, entry-level coordinated program that includes 90 credit hours of graduate work and 1,288 hours of clinical rotations in a wide range of inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Apply using the Indiana University Graduate CAS IUPUI application and pay the $70 application fee.
- Prerequisite Course Completion Form (if required): Download, enter information, save the document, then submit as a document upload in Indiana University Graduate CAS IUPUI application.
- If you have not completed your bachelor’s degree you will need to complete a Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree Requirements Form and submit with the Indiana University Graduate CAS IUPUI application.
The DND program is accepting applications for fall 2022. We have two application dates: January 10th for the first round & May 15th for the second round.
Currently, GRE test scores are not a requirement for the DND.
Yes, we accept international students. International students must follow all the admission requirements of the program as well as the requirements out by the IUPUI Office of International Affairs.
Financial aid and tuition
Tuition costs are subject to change at any time. Currently, the cost for residents is $568.00 per credit hour, and the cost for non-residents is $995.00 per credit hour. Added fees included are for general, tech, and rehab repair.
Yes, financial aid and scholarships are available. All programs qualify for Federal Student Loans, and there are a number of fellowships and scholarships that you can apply for after being accepted to the DND program.