To be eligible to apply for the Doctorate in Nutrition and Dietetics program you need to meet the following requirements:
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- We calculate cumulative GPA on courses with grades that are recorded on official university/college transcripts.
At the December 1st application deadline, applicants may have one prerequisite course outstanding scheduled for completion in EITHER the fall or spring term. The outstanding prerequisite must be completed before the program start date in May
Record all prerequisite coursework on the Prerequisite Course Completion Form and submit to the IU Graduate CAS Application.
- Human Anatomy- 1 semester with lab
- Human Physiology- 1 semester, lab preferred
- Statistics- Must include descriptive and inferential
- General Chemistry I- with lab
- General Chemistry II- with lab
- Biochemistry- 300 level or above, lab preferred
- Organic Chemistry- 1 semester, lab preferred
- Microbiology- 1 semester with lab
- Introductory Psychology
- Introductory Accounting
- Introductory Microeconomics or Macroeconomics
- Nutrition course- 300 level or above
- Food Selection & Preparation- with lab*
- Quantity Food Preparation- with lab*
- Food Procurement- with lab*
*Online courses with lab will be accepted for these courses.
- An official course description or course syllabus may be requested to approve some courses.
- Applicants must complete required prerequisite courses with a minimum grade in each course of B- or 80%.
- The outstanding prerequisite course must be completed by the August start date of the program with a grade of ‘B- or 80%’ or higher while maintaining at least the required 3.0 admissions cumulative GPA.
- Final transcripts accounting for any outstanding pre-requisite coursework must be received prior to matriculation into the program.
- For courses completed in Spring, Summer, and Fall 2020, online labs will be accepted.
Submitted electronically via the IU Graduate CAS application.