Indiana University’s professional Doctorate in Nutrition and Dietetics (DND) leverages the power of an IU degree, the state's foremost leader in health-care education and medical practice.
An ACEND® accredited entry-level Coordinated Program in Dietetics, the DND prepares you to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and to practice as an autonomous professional and valued member of a collaborative healthcare team. You’ll graduate equipped to make a difference in people’s lives and be a leader in the profession.
Studying full time in Indianapolis for three years puts you in the heart of the state’s leading health- and medical-care facilities.
You’ll benefit from:
- 83 credit hours of graduate academic coursework
- 1,296 hours of supervised practice experience in inpatient, outpatient, and community settings
- Self-selected five-week capstone experience
- Advanced medical nutrition therapy across the lifecycle
- Enhanced education and preparation in food systems, foodservice, and management
- Self-selected translational research project
- Strong scientific foundation to meet the challenges of a rapidly developing and changing profession