As a potential applicant, you should review this admissions information before you apply.
International applicants must follow the international application process and admission standards of the Office of International Affairs. Support for transcript services exists.
Step 1: Review the admissions requirements
To be eligible to apply for the Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics program, you need to meet the following requirements.
- Current RD/RDN credential from the Commission on Dietetic Registration OR completion of all prerequisite courses for all non-RD/RDNs.
- Completed—or will complete—your undergraduate bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, college or foreign equivalent as determined by a recognized credentialing agency, before your intended fall start date.
- Earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Step 2: Compile your supporting documents
Gather all supporting documents before beginning your application. You will be required to upload all documents into the IU CAS application portal.
- Copy of your Commission on Dietetic Registration RD credential. If not applicable, complete the prerequisite course completion form. At the time of your application, you must have completed all but one required course.
- Personal statement, including your career aspirations.
- The names and contact information of three people who have agreed to write a reference for you, such as former professors, supervisors, professionals, or anyone else who isn't a relative who can give an overall honest assessment of your abilities and character.
Additionally, you will need to request official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended. Please allow additional time for international transcripts. Send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
School of Health & Human Sciences
Attn: SHHS Graduate Admissions Coordinator
1050 Wishard Blvd.
Indianapolis, IN 46202