As a potential applicant, you should review this admissions information before you apply.
Apply to the Post-professional Doctorate in Nutrition and Dietetics
Step 1: Review the admissions requirements
To be eligible to apply for the Doctorate in Nutrition and Dietetics program you need to meet the following requirements.
- Current RD/RDN credential from the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Step 2: Compile your supporting documents
Gather all supporting documents before beginning your application. You will be required to upload all documents into the IU CAS application portal.
- Copy of your Commission on Dietetic Registration RD credential.
- Personal statement, including your career aspirations.
- The names and contact information of three people who have agreed to write a reference for you, such as former professors, supervisors, professionals, or anyone else who isn't a relative who can give an overall honest assessment of your abilities and character.
Additionally, you will need to request official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended. Please allow additional time for international transcripts. Send by email to email@example.com or mail to:
School of Health & Human Sciences
Attn: Graduate Admissions Coordinator
1140 West Michigan St., CF 124
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Step 3: Complete your IU CAS application
You'll apply to the program using the IU Centralized Application System (IU CAS). Submit your application, along with the application fee, by the deadline. For a fall start:
- Early admission applications due by January 1
- Regular admission applications due by May 1
Invited candidates will participate in a remote or in-person admission interview with the Nutrition and Dietetic Admission Committee after the committee's initial application review.