As a potential applicant, you should review this admissions information before you apply.
International applicants must follow the international application process and admission standards of the Office of International Affairs. Support for transcript services is available.
Step 1: Review the admissions requirements
To be eligible to apply for the Post-professional Doctorate in Nutrition and Dietetics program you need to meet the following requirements.
- Current RD/RDN credential from the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of an accounting course with a grade of B- (80 percent) or higher. In some cases, an official course description or syllabus may be requested to ensure the course you completed aligns with the required PPDND prerequisite. Applicants may apply and take this course prior to program matriculation. Official transcript will be required.
Step 2: Compile your supporting documents
Gather all supporting documents before beginning your application. You will be required to upload all documents into the IU CAS application portal.
- Copy of your Commission on Dietetic Registration RD/RDN credential.
- Personal statement, including your career aspirations.
- The names and contact information of three people who have agreed to write a reference for you, such as former professors, supervisors, professionals, or anyone else who isn't a relative who can give an overall honest assessment of your abilities and character.
Additionally, you will need to request official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended. Please allow additional time for international transcripts. Send by email to email@example.com or mail to:
School of Health & Human Sciences
Attn: SHHS Graduate Admissions Coordinator
1050 Wishard Blvd.
Indianapolis, IN 46202