The doctoral capstone experience
The doctoral capstone is the final stage in your journey to earning your doctoral degree. You will be immersed in a 14-week experience at a community site of your choosing. The purpose is to develop in-depth knowledge related to occupational practice and prepare you for your career. During the 14-week period, you will collaborate with a community partner to create a meaningful evidence-based project.
The two key factors of the capstone are the experience you gain at the community site and the project which you develop with the community partner.
We have many community partners to make sure you find a fit for your area of focus and interest. Here are some of our community partners for our doctoral capstone experience.
- IU Health-Pediatrics, Inpatient Acute Care, Outpatient
- Hope Academy - A charter school providing education and support for teens recovering from addiction
- Flanner House- Services to support, advocate, and empower individuals, children, families, and older adults in the local community
- Special Olympics – Wellness and Health for Athletes with Special Needs
- Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana - Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab Services
- GiGi’s Playhouse – Services for people with Down Syndrome
- FranciscanPACE – Program for All-inclusive Care of the Elderly
- First Steps – Early intervention for ages 0-3
- Eskenazi Health – Primary Care, Mental Health, Outpatient, Inpatient Acute Care