Step 1: Review the admissions requirements
The program utilizes a holistic admissions process. To be eligible to apply for the MPAS program, you need to meet the following requirements.
- Completed all prerequisites with a maximum of one outstanding course at the time of your application. All prerequisite courses must be completed before starting the program.
See all prerequisite courses
- Completed—or will complete—your undergraduate bachelor's degree before your intended summer start date in the program.
- Earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale*, which includes all undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Earned an overall grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale for all science courses*. For a list of all course subjects factored into the science GPA view CASPA’s course subject list.
- All applicants must have acquired patient care experience.
* CASPA calculates applicant's cumulative and overall science grade point averages.
The most competitive applicants will likely be those that surpass the minimum academic requirements, have a clear understanding of the physician assistant profession, demonstrate professionalism, leadership, and community service, and support the vision, mission, and values set out by the program.