Indiana University’s professional Doctorate in Nutrition and Dietetics (DND) leverages the power of an IU degree, the state’s foremost leader in health-care education and medical practice.
An ACEND® accredited entry-level Coordinated Program in Dietetics, the DND prepares you to become a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) and to practice as an autonomous professional and valued member of a collaborative health-care team. You’ll graduate equipped to make a difference in people’s lives and become an expert in your profession.
Studying full time in Indianapolis for three years puts you in the center of the state’s leading health and medical care facilities.
You’ll benefit from:
- Strong scientific foundation to meet the challenges of a rapidly developing and changing profession
- Supervised practice experiences in inpatient, outpatient, and community settings
- Self-selected five-week capstone experience
- A mixture of online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
- Advanced medical nutrition therapy across the lifecycle
- Enhanced education and preparation in food systems, foodservice, and management
- Faculty-approved, self-selected translational research project